Environmentally Responsible Towards Humanity

At GlobalFlex Orora, our mission is to be Environmentally Responsible Towards Humanity. Our Erthpac line of products embodies this mission and delivers environmentally friendly packaging for our customers without the added cost of traditional sustainable solutions.

Did you know that only 9% of all plastic is recycled, leaving the other 91% to end up in landfills?

According to National Geographic, our planet has produced 8.3 billion metric tons of plastic over the course of only a few decades. As a result of this alarming trend, we wanted to develop a packaging material that can degrade much faster than traditional plastic packaging. Our line of Erthpac products is 40% calcium-based and the other will 60% degrade, thereby reducing the amount of plastic packaging in landfills. 

Erthpac Polymer

GlobalFlex Orora has developed a unique substrate by combining polyethylene and polypropylene with calcium carbonate to create Erthpac Polymer. Erthpac polymer can be used in place of traditional polyethylene and polypropylene packaging to reduce the amount of plastic waste. Because Erthpac polymer can be produced in sheets, bags, and pouches, companies in a wide variety of industries can benefit from this sustainable solution. This FDA approved, state-of-the-art material is ideal for environmentally conscious customers!

Erthpac (5)

Erthpac Corrugated

In order to offer our customers the most innovative solutions available, GlobalFlex Orora created Erthpac Corrugated. Because corrugated packaging is used to ship most packages globally, we have developed a corrugated equivalent that is made from calcium and rice. It is a paperless corrugated structure that is strong enough to safely ship your products and degrades within 36 months. Our customers who value sustainability can greatly benefit from this new corrugated option!

Erthpac (6)
Switch to Erthpac and get all the benefits of traditional packaging in an environmentally friendly solution!

Sustainable Printing

Water-Based Inks and Laminates

By using non-solvent, water-based inks and laminations, GlobalFlex Orora can fundamentally solve the problem of retained solvents as well as reduce the Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) in the environment. VOCs are gases emitted from inks and laminates used in graphic printing that can cause short- and long-term health effects. Due to the lack of the typical drying system with solvent-based inks and laminates, using these solutions can reduce VOCs and energy consumption, saving you money.